Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College!
A list of non-Classified career opportunities are below. Non-Classified career opportunities are determined to be professional level work as defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources.
Visit the State of Colorado career page for Classified employment opportunities.
Human Resource Services
Procurement and Contract Agent
Tracking Code: 40305BP
Work Type: Full-time
Salary: $59,000 to $68,000 annual gross
The Procurement and Contract Agent is responsible for activities related to the procurement and contracting of materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the College and assists the Director of Procurement & Contracts in the administration and coordination of the Procurement & Contracts department. The College supports a team approach in which the Procurement and Contract Department works in concert with faculty and staff to develop, create, and maintain a viable and sustainable educational environment.
The college offers the possibility for alternative work arrangements such as flexplace, remote work, or flextime scheduling upon completion of training.
There are two full-time positions available.
Minimum Qualifications REVISED 10/12/2022
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution OR completed Associate’s degree with two years of professional level experience performing similar duties to those described for this position OR four years professional level experience performing similar duties to those described for this position.
- Two years of professional level experience in procurement, accounting, financial management, contracts, or business-related field that demonstrates professional level work.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of government (Federal or State) regulations or statutes.
Professional level experience is defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources: A position that involves the exercise of discretion, analytical skill, judgment, personal accountability, and responsibility for creating, developing, integrating, applying, or sharing an organized body of knowledge. Colorado revised statute (C.R.S. 24-50-135(1) allows colleges to exempt positions from the State Personnel Classified System that are determined to be professional level work.
- Completed Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field.
- NAPM (A.P.P. C.P.M.) or APICS (CPIM, CIRM) certification.
- Related experience in an education, Federal or state agency, or non-profit setting.
- Three or more years of professional experience in procurement, accounting, financial management, contracts, or business-related field that demonstrates progressively increasing professional level work.
Salary range is $59,000.00 to $68,000.00 annual gross. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment.
Application Instructions: Application must be submitted online. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration. A complete application will include:
- Cover letter - Address the minimum and preferred qualifications in the order listed on the job announcement.
- Resume - Reflect experience, education, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Unofficial Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts for all degrees conferred. Official transcripts are required if hired for the position.
- Professional References - Provide names and contact information for three recent professional references who can address your expertise and background for this position.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak State College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Purchasing and Contracting: Review, negotiate and execute purchase orders and other forms of procurement along with contract preparation, execution, tracking and renewals as needed to support the critical business needs of the College. Advises customers regarding procurement processes, College policies and Federal and State of Colorado procurement regulations. Prepare, manage, and monitor College contracts and interagency agreements, ensuring effective delivery of goods and services and verifying compliance of required State of Colorado and Federal regulations. Assists in the resolution of issues regarding orders, vendor payments, order cancellation/modification, methods for returning goods, including credits, effective delivery of goods and services, and tracking project expenses.
- Bid Solicitations: Assist and prepare detailed bid specifications for commodities and services, manage bid solicitation process, review vendor responses, and award solicitations. Preparation and execution of contracts to winning bidder along with creation and issuance of purchase order. Monitor and renew contracts annually as needed. Assist with Capital projects and construction documents as required.
- Procurement Card Administration: Manage Procurement Card Activities, review applications and submit requests for new cards. Train employees on the proper use of the procurement card, review invoices for fraud and monitor procurement card auditing activities. Assist with ad hoc requests for reallocations, delegations and spending limits including temporary increases and changes. Answer questions regarding criteria as related to purchases.
- Assist Director of Procurement & Contracts in the activities of the Procurement & Contracts department, providing established procurement training and guidance to college staff. Create reports to respond to State and system office information requests and to meet required monthly reporting. Monitor maintenance of bids, purchase orders and office files. Process requests for construction contracts, review and process pay applications, rejecting if necessary, and maintain a spreadsheet of all activity that hits each project org/account and commodity. Monitor maintenance of bids, purchases, and other related procurement files and activities. Schedules appointments and training.
- Other Activities: Represent the College at professional and community organizations as required.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Knowledge and understanding of procurement regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to provide advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and comply with regulatory guidelines, accepted purchasing principles, and College policies.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract information.
- Manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting critical deadlines and milestones.
- Plan, organize, and measure complex programs and processes.
- Strong analytical thinking, research skills, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and communication skills (oral and written).
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Use professional and autonomous judgment by exercising a high degree of accuracy, proficiency, technical knowledge, and expertise in the application of procurement and contract management.
- Ability to effectively create highly accurate, complete, and professional correspondence and written technical documents.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in written formats. Must have ability to articulate and explain federal, state, CCCS and College policies.
- Work independently as well as work in a team setting.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak State College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak State College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time