Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College!
A list of non-Classified career opportunities are below. Non-Classified career opportunities are determined to be professional level work as defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources.
Visit the State of Colorado career page for Classified employment opportunities.
Human Resource Services
Simulation Technology Specialist
Tracking Code: 492710
Work Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,680 to $46,800 annual gross
The mission of the PPSC Simulation Center is to provide quality medical systems education that prepares the learner to become a member of a medical professional to meet the needs of a diverse population, in an ever-changing health care environment in both urban and/or rural settings.
The Simulation Technology Specialist is responsible for facilitating the utilization of Simulation Center resources through the preparation, implementation, and take down of medical simulation and medical lab experiences.
The college offers the possibility for alternative work arrangements such as flexplace, remote work, or flextime scheduling upon completion of training and department needs.
There are three full-time positions available.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution OR completed Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with two years of professional level experience in healthcare or related field.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Professional level experience is defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources: A position that involves the exercise of discretion, analytical skill, judgment, personal accountability, and responsibility for creating, developing, integrating, applying, or sharing an organized body of knowledge. Colorado revised statute (C.R.S. 24-50-135(1) allows colleges to exempt positions from the State Personnel Classified System that are determined to be professional level work.
- Recent operational experience in healthcare simulation services, technologies, and software applications such as Laerdal LLEAP software.
- Prior experience in a medical simulation lab.
- Possession of a Society of Simulation Certified Health Care Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS).
- Experience with Laerdal, CAE, and Gaumard High and low Fidelity mannequins.
- Training in applying moulage to live actors and mannequins.
- Ability to play a Standardized patient (live actor).
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment, put simulation equipment together, and provide viable solutions for equipment or supply problems.
- Ability to analyze logistical needs for accommodating large student groups into limited lab space.
Salary range is $43,680 to $46,800 annual gross. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on October 7, 2022. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment.
Application Instructions: Application must be submitted online. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration. A complete application will include:
- Cover letter - Address the minimum and preferred qualifications in the order listed on the job announcement.
- Resume - Reflect experience, education, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Unofficial Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts for all degrees conferred. Official transcripts are required if hired for the position.
- Professional References - Provide names and contact information for three recent professional references who can address your expertise and background for this position.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak State College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
The Simulation Technology Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Simulation Center and simulation labs. This includes preparation, setup, execution, and teardown of all simulation activities. Operate high and low-fidelity mannequins, laboratory equipment such as simulated intravenous arms or other simulated body equipment, virtual reality equipment and skill trainers during simulation experiences. Be proficient in the B-Line company "SimCapture" audiovisual system.
Additionally, this role serves as a resource for students and faculty during simulation experiences by answering routine questions related to learning resources and equipment use. Simulation Technology Specialist will not do any initial teaching, remediation, or evaluation of students.
The Simulation Technology Specialist will also engage in activities that support simulation operations. This includes maintaining a clean and safe environment, maintaining equipment, managing supply inventory, assisting with works schedules, and other miscellaneous duties as assigned. Serve as a resource for faculty utilizing simulation equipment in the laboratory or classroom. Expand knowledge of laboratory and simulation resources, including new technologies, computer software and hardware, and simulators. Assists the Simulation Director, Simulation Coordinator, and/or Nursing and Allied Health Simulation Coordinators with conducting services on new equipment, software, and supplies. Reports any updates, additions, or changes in the Simulation Center and laboratory environment schedule to Simulation Director, Simulation Coordinator, and/or Nursing and Allied Health Simulation Coordinator.
The position facilitates the utilization of Simulation resources. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Update and maintain department reports.
- Training of new Sim personnel and updating training manuals and resources.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and resource for the department.
- Position ensures laundry is picked up and dropped off, and vendor billing statement is turned in to the appropriate administrator.
- Executes the disposal of sharps according to OSHA regulations.
- Provides tours of the Simulation Center and skills labs as requested.
- Work may require hours before 8 am and after 5 pm based on simulation and student needs.
- Weekend work may be necessary to support student and Simulation Operations.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Comprehensive understanding of Pikes Peak State College policies and procedures.
- Work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to travel to multiple campuses to support department needs.
- Maintain confidentiality while working effectively with all constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to employ qualitative as well as quantitative analytical processes to identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to express thoughts, ideas, and suggestions through verbal, written, and electronic means in a professional manner.
- Basic computer and technology skills in a Windows-based PC environment.
- Gross and fine motor abilities are required.
- Ability to lift high and low fidelity mannequins and equipment weighing 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, reach, push, pull and lift supplies to obtain supplies from shelves and to restock the supplies.
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean simulation environment.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak State College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak State College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time