Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College!
A list of non-Classified career opportunities are below. Non-Classified career opportunities are determined to be professional level work as defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources.
Visit the State of Colorado career page for Classified employment opportunities.
Human Resource Services
Reference and Instruction Librarian
Tracking Code: 40028
Work Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,000 to $49,500 annual gross
Provide in-person and virtual information, research, and reference services. Plan, teach, and assess information literacy instruction in collaboration with other instruction librarians and/or faculty. Develop web and print based instructional materials. Serve as liaison to academic departments. Participate in collection development. Locate and create digital content to support academic instruction. Explore, evaluate, and encourage deployment of emergent technologies into library programs and services. Compile reference and/or library statistics. Participate in public relations and assessment functions. Additional duties as assigned.
The college offers the possibility for alternative work arrangements such as flexplace, remote work, or flextime scheduling upon completion of training and department needs.
There are two full-time positions available.
- Completed master's degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited institution.
- Two years of experience in an academic library or other library.
- Three or more years of experience in an academic library or other library.
- Experience providing in-person and virtual information, research, and reference services.
- Experience teaching information literacy classes.
- Experience with patrons from diverse ethnic, socio-economic, cultural, and disability background or conditions.
- Experience working with novice users.
- Experience with emerging information technologies.
Salary range is $47,000.00 to $49,500.00 annual gross. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on September 27, 2022. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment.
Application Instructions: Application must be submitted online. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration. A complete application will include:
- Cover letter - Address the minimum and preferred qualifications in the order listed on the job announcement.
- Resume - Reflect experience, education, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Unofficial Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts for all degrees conferred. Official transcripts are required if hired for the position.
- Professional References - Provide names and contact information for three recent professional references who can address your expertise and background for this position.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak State College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Provide reference services, including in-depth research consultations and point-of-need information literacy instruction, to students, faculty, staff, and public users of the library employing a combination of print and electronic resources.
- Plan, teach, and assess information literacy in various environments including one-time visits to classes by instructors’ requests, workshops or presentations, student orientation, and other venues. Instruction will be provided in person or virtually using a variety of technological connections.
- Serve as liaison to assigned academic departments, divisions, or campuses providing reference services face-to-face and electronically.
- Promote library services and provide information or instruction to faculty one-on-one and in division, departmental, or adjunct orientation meetings.
- Contribute to the design, development, and delivery of print and online guides that foster the development of library and information literacy skills and competencies.
- Locate and create digital content to support academic instruction.
- Explore, evaluate, and encourage deployment of emergent technologies into library programs and services.
- Participate in print and electronic collection development for designated subject areas.
- Conduct assessments or research and compile statistical data about library services.
- Interact collegially as part of a dynamic reference team that works closely and cooperatively with PPSC personnel and a diverse user population.
- Reference and instruction activities may include some evening and weekend work, and travel between campuses is sometimes necessary.
- Participate in library programming and outreach efforts, both inside the college and in the community.
- Coordinate and perform special projects, assignments, and other duties as assigned, inclusive of fostering a positive working relationship with college departments and personnel.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Provide in-person and virtual information, research, and reference services.
- Plan, teach, and assess information literacy instruction.
- Develop web and print based information literacy guides and other learning materials.
- Serve as liaison to academic departments.
- Provide collection development.
- Participate in library programming, outreach, and assessment.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak State College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak State College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time