Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College!
A list of non-Classified career opportunities are below. Non-Classified career opportunities are determined to be professional level work as defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources.
Visit the State of Colorado career page for Classified employment opportunities.
Human Resource Services
Associate Dean of Math, Re-Announcement
Tracking Code: 40297 ASDN
Work Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000 to $73,352 annual gross
The Associate Dean of Math shall assist the Dean by providing leadership in and management of division operations. The Associate Dean shall represent the division to the broader instructional environment, while conveying the policies of the College and implementing those policies within the division. The Associate Dean shall maintain commitment to quality instruction, the primary objective of the institution.
Minimum Qualifications REVISED 09/13/2022
- Completed Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or Operations Research OR completed master’s degree in a related discipline with 18 graduate credit hours in Math, Statistics, or Operations Research from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three years of full-time teaching in higher education in Mathematics, Statistics, or Operations Research.
- Two years of successful administrative or leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
- Doctorate in Mathematics, Statistics, or Operations Research or Higher Education Leadership from a regionally accredited institution.
- Four or more years of full-time teaching in higher education in Mathematics, Statistics, or Operations Research.
- Three or more years of successful supervisory administrative or supervisory leadership experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated understanding of the college mission.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, grow and assess a rigorous and relevant curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and evaluate faculty.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in position of increased duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability and resilience to embrace change in the ever-changing environment of higher education.
Salary range is $70,000 to $73,352 annual gross. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on September 27, 2022. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment.
Application Instructions: Application must be submitted online. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration. A complete application will include:
- Cover letter - Address the minimum and preferred qualifications in the order listed on the job announcement.
- Resume - Reflect experience, education, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Unofficial Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts for all degrees conferred. Official transcripts are required if hired for the position.
- Professional References - Provide names and contact information for three recent professional references who can address your expertise and background for this position.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak State College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Assist the Dean in leading the evaluation, research and initiation of new programs.
- Make recommendations to the Dean on the retention, dismissal, or probationary status of faculty and staff according to prescribed policies and procedures, as assigned.
- Actively encourage the use of emerging learning-centered processes by faculty members in division.
- Supervise the recruiting, interviewing and hiring of appropriate regular and adjunct faculty, classified staff, APT and others within the division, as delegated by the Dean.
- Operationalize division advising processes.
- Operationalize the activities of the division related to retention, marketing and recruiting, as appropriate.
- Address and resolve student concerns, in accordance with college policy and procedure.
- Evaluate faculty and staff and participate in classroom observation, as assigned.
- Assist the Dean in division strategic planning.
- Develop division procedures and provide assistance to the division for Curriculum and Instructional Practices Committee, Perkins funding, Credentialing, Program Approvals, and Advisory Committees, as appropriate.
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION
- Assist the Dean in the coordination and implementation of faculty teaching assignments and workload, as delegated.
- Develop, implement and assess a rigorous and relevant curriculum with department chairs, faculty and other stakeholders.
- Supervise the division transfer and CTE programs in consultation with the Dean.
- Assess and implement an orientation program for new faculty, staff and others as assigned.
- Assist the Dean with ensuring ongoing professional development opportunities for faculty, staff and others, as assigned.
- Assist the Dean with enrollment management.
- Assist the Dean with ensuring the division curriculum meets the needs of students and aligns with college, state and national requirements and accrediting bodies, as appropriate.
- Assist in preparing institutional, state, and national reports on a timely basis, as appropriate.
- Assist the Dean with the oversight of the alignment of curriculum to ensure students gain the competencies to succeed in transfer programs and career and technical areas.
- Work with department chairs in transfer and articulation processes, as appropriate.
COMMUNITY & SERVICE
- Actively participate in committee work that promotes the goals of the division and the institution.
- Actively participate in community activities and advisory boards.
- Assist the Dean, where appropriate, in building relationships with the division and community partners.
- Assist the Dean with the oversight of the development and management of the division budget, as assigned.
- Assist the Dean with the planning and management of the physical facilities assigned to the division.
- Assist the Dean in the development and management of agency contracts, as assigned.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- In addition to the specific duties and responsibilities included herein, Pikes Peak State College administrators are responsible for certain general duties and responsibilities listed in the Pikes Peak State College Policy Manual and the Pikes Peak State College Educational Procedures manual.
- All other duties as assigned by the Division Dean.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak State College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak State College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time