Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College!
A list of non-Classified career opportunities are below. Non-Classified career opportunities are determined to be professional level work as defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources.
Visit the State of Colorado career page for Classified employment opportunities.
Human Resource Services
Tracking Code: 40438
Work Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,000 to $50,000 annual gross
The Instructional Coordinator shall represent and support the Nursing program of Nursing Assistant, Bachelor's of Nursing, LPN, and High School Programs in managing and tracking student requirements for program admission, continuation, and completion. Program operation, faculty load, and compensation, data collection and analysis. Perkins, procurement, budget, and other projects as assigned.
The Instructional Coordinator will demonstrate a strong commitment to the value of diversity among students and staff, as well as sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of our students. The Instructional Coordinator works with colleagues to create an atmosphere of trust and respect in which all can succeed.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Two years of professional level experience managing and coordinating department operations.
- Experience in the medical field.
- Demonstrated experience with data collection and analysis.
Professional level experience is defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources: A position that involves the exercise of discretion, analytical skill, judgment, personal accountability, and responsibility for creating, developing, integrating, applying, or sharing an organized body of knowledge. Colorado revised statute (C.R.S. 24-50-135(1) allows colleges to exempt positions from the State Personnel Classified System that are determined to be professional level work.
- Three or more years of professional level experience managing and coordinating department operations.
- Microsoft Applications including Excel.
- Experience with complex pay processes.
- Experience analyzing and preparing budget and data reports.
- System design, process improvement and automation support.
- Demonstrated understanding of the community college mission.
Salary range is $47,000.00 to $50,000.00 annual gross. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on August 22, 2022. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment.
Application Instructions: Application must be submitted online. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration. A complete application will include:
- Cover letter - Address the minimum and preferred qualifications in the order listed on the job announcement.
- Resume - Reflect experience, education, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Unofficial Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts for all degrees conferred. Official transcripts are required if hired for the position.
- Professional References - Provide names and contact information for three recent professional references who can address your expertise and background for this position.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak State College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
Program Management: Design systems to streamline program management, organization, and administration. Support all instructional objectives such as curriculum, credentialing, catalog, academic initiatives, as well as develop course schedules and secures appropriate classroom. Analyze the logistical needs with internal and external controls for preparing, interpreting, and retrieving student data. Supports and assists the Nursing Program Director, program coordinators, chairs and divisional administrative staff.
Develops and maintains scheduling procedures critical to successful space management, which directly affect student enrollment and faculty pay, to include announcing schedule deadlines, coordinating with department and divisions, and review schedules for accuracy. Develops reports to analyze prior and current data to project future enrollments, control space management issues, and efficiently allocate physical and human resources.
Devise program automation with gathering, validating, and implementing continual process improvements including streamlining the application and registration requirements of all Nursing Programs. Operationalize the activities of the programs related to marketing, student recruitment and retention. Data collection and analysis to support and maintain compliance for State Board of Nursing and accreditation standards. Inspects, prepares, and validates program data to establish, revise, and maintain accreditation reports. Collaborate with internal and external partners using initiative, judgement, accountability, and discretion in managing daily program operations.
Organizes and supports the onboarding process and gathers necessary documentation for H.R., CTE requirements, and department requirements for initial compliance and accreditation. Independently answer complex student questions relating to admission, course requirement and program requirement and report to the Nursing Program Director, program coordinators, and chairs. Provide for the safe keeping of a system of permanent records and reports essential to the operation of the program for a minimum of five years and accreditation documentation eight years.
Faculty Load and Compensation (FLAC): Maintain data accuracy and integrity of faculty/instructor pay within the FLAC system to ensure appropriate work schedules and timely compensation for Nursing Program. Develop, maintain, and modify processes critical to timely and accurate faculty and instructor compensation. Maintain current knowledge of pay formulas, tier pay, pay dates. Serve as a resource to educate and train the division on pay processes. Assist the FLAC Team and HRS with solving pay errors.
Budget Support: Budget preparation, reporting, reconciliation, and analysis. Manage department ordering and track purchasing orders. Maintain current knowledge of Carl Perkins guidelines to accurately account for Perkins’s budget data and reports. Advocate for grant funding requests and procurement of Perkins equipment, educational supplies, and department travel.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Comprehensive understanding of Pikes Peak Community College policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of and ability to locate information pertinent to the Code of Regulations established by the Colorado State Board of Nursing.
- The written and verbal communication skills, etiquette, and active listening abilities necessary to establish and maintain community partnerships and relationships.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, organization, attention to detail and leadership abilities.
- Capacity to travel between multiple campuses and community locations to support department needs.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across the college and community partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and measure complex programs and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to employ qualitative as well as quantitative analytical process to identify and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and interpret educational procedures.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak State College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak State College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time