Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College!
A list of non-Classified career opportunities are below. Non-Classified career opportunities are determined to be professional level work as defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources.
Visit the State of Colorado career page for Classified employment opportunities.
Human Resource Services
Simulation Center Director
Tracking Code: 10072
Work Type: Full-time
Salary: $68,000 to $73,000 annual gross
The Simulation Center Director is a full-time academic administrative role and will provide leadership, vision and oversight of the simulation center and its role in healthcare education. Responsibilities include developing, integrating and leading simulated-based learning experiences for academic programs in the college, including structured activities that reflect the continuum of care and foster interprofessional learning across the college related to healthcare. The director will implement an innovative simulation agenda and collaborate with stakeholders, including faculty, in this capacity. The director will participate in related functions to support academic departments involved in simulation in order to fulfill the mission of the departments and the college.
Reports To: Dean of Medical Sciences
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Two years of direct professional level experience with simulation operations or simulation technology.
Professional level experience is defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources: A position that involves the exercise of discretion, analytical skill, judgment, personal accountability, and responsibility for creating, developing, integrating, applying, or sharing an organized body of knowledge. Colorado revised statute (C.R.S. 24-50-135(1) allows colleges to exempt positions from the State Personnel Classified System that are determined to be professional level work.
- Completed master’s degree in a health field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three or more years of direct professional level experience with simulation operations or simulation technology.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) or Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator Advanced (CHSE-A).
- Experience with simulation center accreditation.
- Experience in healthcare leadership.
Salary range is firm $68,000.00 to $73,000.00 annual gross. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on July 29, 2022. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment. All work must be performed in the State of Colorado.
Application Instructions: Application must be submitted online. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration. A complete application will include:
- Cover letter - Address the minimum and preferred qualifications in the order listed on the job announcement.
- Resume - Reflect experience, education, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Unofficial Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts for all degrees conferred. Official transcripts are required if hired for the position.
- Professional References - Provide names and contact information for three recent professional references who can address your expertise and background for this position.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak State College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Manage the use of the simulation center resources including labs and personnel
- Lead and support instructional initiatives that integrate simulation into curriculum including standardized patients and interprofessional education.
- Design and implement educational programs for faculty development and their continuing education in use of simulation and innovations in healthcare education.
- Collect and analyze data on learning outcomes for simulation exercises and collaborate with faculty on disseminating findings and improving the program
- Raise awareness of the use of simulation resources internally and externally through entrepreneurial and grant funded opportunities
- Lead the development and implementation of an integrated plan for simulation, as well as interprofessional education in all the health programs. This includes developing and maintaining strategic plans, procedures and guidelines.
- Collaborate with faculty in developing, implementing and evaluating a plan for innovative simulated-based learning experiences across the curricula and meeting simulation accreditation, program accreditation and state board requirements.
- Serve as the liaison to internal and external stakeholders to promote and facilitate a collaborative approach for supporting simulated-based learning opportunities for students.
- Develop, implement and evaluate new models for managing student simulated-based learning experiences (e.g., scheduling simulations, staffing considerations, etc.).
- Oversee data collection to evaluate student learning outcomes that comply with academic standards for healthcare education.
- Identify and recommend equipment and resources needed to facilitate effective simulation teaching and learning.
- Actively engage, through participation and leadership in organizations such as the International Nursing Association for Simulation and Learning (INACSL), the Human Patient Simulation Network (HPSN), the Association for Standardized Patient Educators (ASPE), and/or the Society for Simulation in Healthcare.
- Develop and grow a community-based simulation plan for continuing education, including a return-on-investment budget.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Provide curricular and assessment guidance for educational activities.
- In addition to the specific duties and responsibilities included herein, PPCC administrators are responsible for general duties and responsibilities listed in the PPCC policy and educational procedures manuals.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak State College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak State College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time