Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College!
A list of non-Classified career opportunities are below. Non-Classified career opportunities are determined to be professional level work as defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources.
Visit the State of Colorado career page for Classified employment opportunities.
Human Resource Services
IT Systems Analyst
Tracking Code: 40433
Work Type: Full-time
Salary: $53,000 to $55,000 annual gross
Thirty percent of our student population at Pikes Peak Community College identify themselves as persons of color. Pikes Peak Community College is looking for applicants who are culturally competent and can demonstrate evidence, understanding, and a commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC) is committed to serving the good of the community. We do this by educating people. We provide open access to higher education and a high quality learning environment in which students can realize new opportunities and gain critical, 21st century skills they need to succeed in the workforce or in further education. Teaching people how to work effectively with others, across boundaries, is central to our mission.
This begins with welcoming and valuing people for who they are and for the unique contributions each person adds to our campus. It also requires our faculty, staff and students to encounter, explore and understand a broad range of ideas and cultures. Our community college mission is inseparable from the ever-increasing diversity in our society.
Diverse and inclusive learning and working environments promote a free and open exchange of ideas, improve critical thinking, civic engagement and leadership skills, and deepen empathy and respect for those unlike ourselves. Our campus is enriched by a variety of voices and experiences.
Attracting, hiring and retaining a highly engaged workforce that reflects and supports the diversity of our student body are of central importance to our work. Other essential factors are expanding and strengthening opportunities for students to learn and succeed through culturally responsive instruction and diversity-infused course offerings. We ensure that diversity represents a process of continual learning and improvement by developing, cultivating and sustaining an organizational culture based on mutual respect, inquiry and civility.
Please visit the College’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion site for additional information.
The Information Technology (IT) Systems Analyst provides advanced technical support and assistance; monitors server and storage operations; maintains, installs, configures, and upgrades server, storage and backup software and hardware; troubleshoots server and client hardware and software problems.
- Completed Associate's degree from regionally accredited institution.
- Two years of professional level experience in server administration or desktop support.
Professional level experience is defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources: A position that involves the exercise of discretion, analytical skill, judgment, personal accountability, and responsibility for creating, developing, integrating, applying, or sharing an organized body of knowledge. Colorado revised statute (C.R.S. 24-50-135(1) allows colleges to exempt positions from the State Personnel Classified System that are determined to be professional level work.
- Completed bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three or more years of professional level experience in a similar position.
- CompTIA Certification in A+, S+, or Network+.
- Certification in areas related to Microsoft systems management skillsets (MCSA, MCSE).
- ITIL Certification.
- Experience with advanced-level Windows system administration.
- Experience with Active Directory or Group Policy.
- Experience with Enterprise Backup systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience supporting Macs and iOS devices in the enterprise.
- Experience in Higher Education IT.
Salary range is firm $53,000.00 to $55,000.00 annual gross. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 13, 2022. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment. All work must be performed in the State of Colorado.
Application Instructions: Application must be submitted online. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration. A complete application will include:
- Cover letter - Address the minimum and preferred qualifications in the order listed on the job announcement.
- Resume - Reflect experience, education, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Unofficial Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts for all degrees conferred. Official transcripts are required if hired for the position.
- Professional References - Provide names and contact information for three recent professional references who can address your expertise and background for this position.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak Community College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Maintain, support, secure, and administer enterprise server, storage systems, and applications.
- Assist with troubleshooting, analysis, design, and implementation of infrastructure and hardware solutions that support various operations.
- Provide levels II and III support for the Cloud and Client Services teams.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Answer, log and close support requests/work orders.
- Serve as escalated-level technical support to clients and ITSS teams.
- Install, monitor, and maintain all hardware and software components related to the operation of PPCC’s server, storage, backup, and application services including system performance and security.
- Maintain optimal systems infrastructure and performance.
- Review and take action on security notifications, either from our System’s security group, vendor, or management on any vulnerability found on our production components.
- Ability to be on-call to respond to off-hour equipment problems.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak Community College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak Community College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time