Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College!
A list of non-Classified career opportunities are below. Non-Classified career opportunities are determined to be professional level work as defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources.
Visit the State of Colorado career page for Classified employment opportunities.
Human Resource Services
Accounts Payable Specialist
Tracking Code: 40353
Work Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000 to $52,000 annual gross
Thirty percent of our student population at Pikes Peak Community College identify themselves as persons of color. Pikes Peak Community College is looking for applicants who are culturally competent and can demonstrate evidence, understanding, and a commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC) is committed to serving the good of the community. We do this by educating people. We provide open access to higher education and a high quality learning environment in which students can realize new opportunities and gain critical, 21st century skills they need to succeed in the workforce or in further education. Teaching people how to work effectively with others, across boundaries, is central to our mission.
This begins with welcoming and valuing people for who they are and for the unique contributions each person adds to our campus. It also requires our faculty, staff and students to encounter, explore and understand a broad range of ideas and cultures. Our community college mission is inseparable from the ever-increasing diversity in our society.
Diverse and inclusive learning and working environments promote a free and open exchange of ideas, improve critical thinking, civic engagement and leadership skills, and deepen empathy and respect for those unlike ourselves. Our campus is enriched by a variety of voices and experiences.
Attracting, hiring and retaining a highly engaged workforce that reflects and supports the diversity of our student body are of central importance to our work. Other essential factors are expanding and strengthening opportunities for students to learn and succeed through culturally responsive instruction and diversity-infused course offerings. We ensure that diversity represents a process of continual learning and improvement by developing, cultivating and sustaining an organizational culture based on mutual respect, inquiry and civility.
Please visit the College’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion site for additional information.
The Accounts Payable Specialist provides support to Financial Services with responsibilities for processing all College payments and credit memos, preparing journal entries, maintaining supporting documentation, auditing and reconciling procurement card transactions, and assisting with year-end close and financial audit.
Completed Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution OR completed Associate degree with two years of professional level experience performing similar duties to those described for this position OR four years of professional level experience performing similar duties to those described for this position. Professional level experience is defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources.
- Completed degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience with Accounts Payable functions.
- Experience with journal entries.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
Salary range is firm $48,000.00 to $52,000.00 annual gross. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 12, 2021. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment.
Application Instructions: Application must be submitted online. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration. A complete application will include:
- Cover letter - Address the minimum and preferred qualifications in the order listed on the job announcement.
- Resume - Reflect experience, education, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Unofficial Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts for all degrees conferred. Official transcripts are required if hired for the position.
- Professional References - Provide names and contact information for three recent professional references who can address your expertise and background for this position.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak Community College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
Accounts Payable Functions: Processes all invoices, payments and credit memos in a timely manner and in accordance with PPCC procedures, CCCS policies, and State Fiscal Rules. Verifies supporting documentation is accurate and complete. Processes the weekly check run by entering all applicable information that is required to produce warrants. Runs the weekly student refund job process. Reconciles vendor statements and works with vendors regarding billing discrepancies. Reviews outstanding checks on a monthly basis; voids and reissues when appropriate. Tracks accruals and prepaids as required during the year-end closing process. Assists with the preparation of exhibits and footnotes for year-end reporting. Provides schedules as requested by external auditors during annual financial audit. Ensures that all prior fiscal year payables are cleared at the beginning of each new fiscal year. Reviews IRS 1099 information and completes 1099 report as required by CCCS Finance. Generates monthly PERA Retirees information as required by CCCS Finance. Maintains procedures manuals for all Accounts Payable functions.
Journal Entries: Prepares journal entries as required, including funding for Accounts Payable and Student Refunds, Pcard reallocations, FOAP mismatches, corrections to general ledger transactions and CORE entries.
Maintaining Documentation: Scans all Accounts Payable supporting documentation into the financial reporting system. Ensures that all documentation is complete and legible. Follows record retention rules as established by PPCC and State requirements.
Procurement Card Duties: Works with Purchasing Department to audit and verify that procurement card transactions comply with PPCC, CCCS Finance and State of Colorado rules and regulations. Determines discrepancies and communicates to Purchasing Department so that the appropriate notifications can be completed. Prepares the monthly pcard reconciliation as required by CCCS Finance.
Other: College projects, committees, and other strategic tasks as assigned
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Adhere to college, system and state policies and procedures.
- Strong customer service skills and relationship building techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel to multiple campuses to support department needs.
- Maintain confidentiality while working effectively with all constituents.
- Manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting critical deadlines.
- Employ judgment and analytical skills related to Financial Services functions.
- Encourage a collaborative and team-based environment.
- Work effectively with students, faculty, and staff and outside agencies; relate to people of various cultural backgrounds, communication styles, abilities and appearances and help staff do the same.
- Generate required department reports periodically.
- Work independently as well as work in a team setting.
- Attend various department and college wide meetings as scheduled.
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written formats.
- Ability to identify and implement imaginative and entrepreneurial solutions to complex problems.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak Community College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak Community College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time