Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College! Please view a list of current opportunities below.
Human Resource Services
IT Support Specialist
Tracking Code: 492353
Work Type: Full-time
Categories: Administration, Professional and Technical (APT)
Under general direction, the IT Support Specialist provides advanced technical support to both the Administrative and Instructional Computing areas on end-user computing hardware, software, peripheral equipment, and audio/video/multimedia for all Pikes Peak Community College campuses and sites.
There are two full-time positions available.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field plus two years of directly related professional level work experience performing similar duties
- High School Diploma/GED plus three years of directly related professional level work experience performing similar duties
- General knowledge of Help Desk ticketing system.
- CompTIA A+ or similar Computer Troubleshooting Certification
- ITIL v3 Certification
- Advanced technical knowledge of MacOS
- Experience working in Higher Education
Salary is $4,172.25 gross per month. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, September 23, 2019. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Application Process: Please submit electronically a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial), and the names and contact information of three recent job-related references who can address your expertise and background for this position. The cover letter must specifically address each of the qualifications listed under Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications in the exact same order in which they are listed in this announcement.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits and additional perks. Information may be reviewed at https://www.cccs.edu/employee-resources/employee-benefits/ and https://www.ppcc.edu/human-resource-services/benefits/additional-perks.
Interviews will be conducted in-person.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Respond to IT support requests from clients as related to hardware and software issues via multiple sources, such as phone calls, emails, and referred tickets. Create and update trouble tickets in the ticket tracking system. Communicate updates on issues in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction and productivity. Troubleshoot and diagnose escalated problems by evaluating multiple options using checklists, guides, and research. Provide mobility support for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. Perform basic Active Directory related functions. Provide maintenance and support for basic client products, peripherals, and network.
- Coordinate assigned plans and schedules of installations and deployments and ensure deployments meet client expectations. Configure and install computer equipment, peripheral equipment, and other personal computing devices.
- Setup video-conference, audio-visual equipment, and other electronic devices for events.
- Participate in project implementation and deployment efforts with team members, clients, and other IT groups. Provide on-the-spot training to clients as needed.
- Create and maintain documentation for projects and assignments as needed. Ensure compliance with IT policies, data consistency, as well as inventory management and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Ability to work on multiple priority tasks of varying difficulty and length.
- Provide tier 2 technical support, in person, over the phone and remotely as well as Tier 1 support when Junior Technicians are not available.
- Answer, log and close support requests/work orders
- Knowledge of microcomputer (PC) principles, operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of current Windows and Mac operating systems as well as Chrome, Android and IOS operating systems.
- Knowledge of standard office automation software, such as Microsoft Office.
- Skill in maintaining both PCs and Mac.
- Skill in effective business and interpersonal communication.
- Skill in end-user support.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and supports diversity, and to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to be on-call to respond to off-hour equipment problems
This job description reflects Pikes Peak Community College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak Community College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time