Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College! Please view a list of current opportunities below.
Human Resource Services
Nursing Simulation Lab Coordinator
Tracking Code: 492342
Work Type: Full-time
Categories: Administration, Professional and Technical (APT)
The Nursing Simulation Lab Coordinator will provide leadership and oversight of the simulation lab. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to coordinating the day-to-day operations of the simulation lab, assisting faculty in the development and execution of simulation that utilizes evidence-based methodologies, and collaboratively meeting with various community stakeholders in order to fulfill the mission of the nursing program and the college. The Nursing Simulation Lab Coordinator will participate in other related functions to support the Nursing department.
- Master of Science in Nursing.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Two years of operational experience with simulation services, technologies and applications.
- Two years of non-teaching work experience in a clinical RN position.
- Teaching experience in a community college nursing program or clinical education environment.
As a condition of employment, candidate must also:
- Possess a current State of Colorado RN License in good standing or have the ability to obtain.
- Possess a current Colorado Vocational Credential in Health Occupations or have the ability to obtain.
- Doctoral Degree in healthcare or education related field.
- Three or more years of clinical experience.
- Three or more years of operational experience with simulation services, technologies, and applications.
- Experience using B-line Medical SimCapture.
Salary is $5,000.00 gross per month. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, August 5, 2019. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Application Process: Please submit electronically a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial), and the names and contact information of three recent job-related references who can address your expertise and background for this position. The cover letter must specifically address each of the qualifications listed under Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications in the exact same order in which they are listed in this announcement.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits and additional perks. Information may be reviewed at https://www.cccs.edu/employee-resources/employee-benefits/ and https://www.ppcc.edu/human-resource-services/benefits/additional-perks.
Interviews will be conducted in-person.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Collaborate with the nursing clinical coordinator to develop and maintain a student rotation schedule for high-impact simulated learning in lieu of hospital and/or long-term care clinical hours.
- Design, develop, implement and evaluate new scenarios and educational initiatives in collaboration with course faculty and content experts.
- Validate existing courses, scenarios, and initiatives to ensure effectiveness of educational program.
- Develop strategies to enhance programs and services, utilizing available resources and acquiring additional tools to create a realistic learning environment.
- Develop, maintain and analyze instructor and student simulation evaluation tools to measure learning outcomes.
- Collect instructor and student feedback following simulation experiences to analyze the impact of simulation on the learning process.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, innovation, implementation and integration of patient simulation technology into existing healthcare curricula.
- Conduct in-services for nursing faculty on simulation-related issues.
- Maintain simulation lab equipment and supplies.
- Develop policies, procedures, and practice standards relevant to simulation-based education.
- Provide the leadership required to ensure that simulation programs meet standards of quality assurance for breadth and depth of education, and user expectations.
- Promote the interests of the simulation program through participation in public relations events, development of new markets for simulation use, community outreaches, and serving on professional/civic service organizations and committee meetings.
- Facilitate tours and orientations of Simulation Center as needed to promote programs.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Advanced computer and technology skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
- All other duties as assigned.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak Community College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak Community College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time