Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College! Please view a list of current opportunities below.
Human Resource Services
Director, Simulation Center
Tracking Code: 492341
Work Type: Full-time
Categories: Administration, Professional and Technical (APT)
The Simulation Center Director is a full-time academic administrative role and will provide leadership, vision and oversight of the Simulation Center and its role in healthcare education. Responsibilities include developing, integrating and leading simulated-based learning experiences for academic programs in the College, including structured activities that reflect the continuum of care and foster inter-professional learning across the college related to healthcare. The Director will implement an innovative simulation agenda and collaborate with stakeholders, including faculty, in this capacity. The Director will participate in related functions to support academic departments involved in simulation in order to fulfill the mission of the departments and the college.
- Master’s degree or higher in Nursing or other related health field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three years of non-teaching work experience in the fields of medicine, nursing or other allied health field.
- Three years of teaching experience in a community college health program or clinical education environment.
- Three years of operational experience with simulation services, technologies and applications.
- Doctoral degree in Nursing or other related health field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience with Laerdal, Gaumard or CAE equipment
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) or Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator Advanced (CHSE-A)
- Experience working with INACSL Simulation Design Templates
- More than 3 years of operational experience with simulation services, technologies and applications
- Knowledgeable with simulation center accreditation
Salary is $5,833.33 gross per month. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, August 5, 2019. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Application Process: Please submit electronically a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial), and the names and contact information of three recent job-related references who can address your expertise and background for this position. The cover letter must specifically address each of the qualifications listed under Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications in the exact same order in which they are listed in this announcement.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits and additional perks. Information may be reviewed at https://www.cccs.edu/employee-resources/employee-benefits/ and https://www.ppcc.edu/human-resource-services/benefits/additional-perks.
Interviews will be conducted in-person.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Manage the use of the Simulation Center resources including labs and personnel.
- Lead and support instructional initiatives that integrate simulation into curriculum including standardized patients and inter-professional education.
- Design and implement educational programs for faculty development and their continuing education in use of simulation and innovations in healthcare education.
- Collect and analyze data on learning outcomes for simulation exercises and collaborate with faculty on disseminating findings and improving the program.
- Raise awareness of the use of simulation resources internally and externally through entrepreneurial and grant funded opportunities.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Advanced computer and technology skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
- Lead the development and implementation of an integrated plan for simulation, as well as inter-professional education in all the health programs. This includes developing and maintaining strategic plans, procedures and guidelines.
- Collaborate with faculty in developing, implementing and evaluating a plan for innovative simulated-based learning experiences across the curricula and meeting simulation accreditation, program accreditation and state board requirements.
- Serve as the liaison to internal and external stakeholders to promote and facilitate a collaborative approach for supporting simulated-based learning opportunities for students.
- Develop, implement and evaluate new models for managing student simulated-based learning experiences (e.g., scheduling simulations, staffing considerations, etc.).
- Provide curricular and assessment guidance for educational activities. Oversee data collection to evaluate student learning outcomes that comply with academic standards for healthcare education.
- Identify and recommend equipment and resources needed to facilitate effective simulation teaching and learning.
- Actively engage, through participation and leadership in organizations such as the International Nursing Association for Simulation and Learning (INACSL), the Human Patient Simulation Network (HPSN), the Association for Standardized Patient Educators (ASPE), and/or the Society for Simulation in Healthcare.
- Develop and grow a community-based simulation plan for continuing education, including a return on investment budget.
- In addition to the specific duties and responsibilities included herein, Pikes Peak Community College administrators are responsible for general duties and responsibilities listed in the Pikes Peak Community College Policy Manual and the Pikes Peak Community College Educational Procedures manual.
- All other duties as assigned by the Dean.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak Community College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak Community College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time