Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College! Please view a list of current opportunities below.
Human Resource Services
Assistant to the Vice President
Tracking Code: 40309
Work Type: Full-time
Categories: Administration, Professional and Technical (APT)
The Assistant to the Vice President supports the Vice President in organizing and managing division operations, overseeing budget and data needs, and providing administrative support to the Vice President.
The college is looking for a successful leader, which is described by colleagues as a trusted advisor whose empathy is demonstrated through inclusiveness and service to others. This person will be described as having integrity, humility, and an inviting demeanor that puts those around him/her at ease. This leader will demonstrate a strong commitment to the value of diversity among students and staff, as well as sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of PPCC students. The individual works together with colleagues to create an atmosphere of trust and respect in which all can succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution OR Associate’s degree with two years of professional level experience performing similar duties to those described for this position.
- Experience leading projects.
- Ability to use Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Demonstrated appreciation of the community college mission.
- Experience organizing events or projects.
- Executive assistant experience.
- Experience with budgets.
Salary is $4,229.16 gross per month. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 1, 2019. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Application Process: Please submit electronically a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial), and the names and contact information of three recent job-related references who can address your expertise and background for this position. The cover letter must specifically address each of the qualifications listed under Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications in the exact same order in which they are listed in this announcement.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits and additional perks. Information may be reviewed at https://www.cccs.edu/employee-resources/employee-benefits/ and https://www.ppcc.edu/human-resource-services/benefits/additional-perks.
Interviews will be conducted in-person.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Division Support: This position must exercise initiative, judgment and discretion in organizing and managing the operations and ensure deadlines are met. To include organizing a variety of projects, facilitating processes, and preparing reports. Also coordinates and directs a variety of events, including graduation, leadership retreats, statewide meetings, and leadership trainings. Holds others accountable for providing information reports.
- Administrative Support: Provide administrative support to the vice presidents, including agendas, recording and distributing minutes, arranging travel plans, screen and schedule appointments, arrange meetings, research and answer a wide variety of problems, and routing forms. Supports process to review, edit, and post Educational Procedures, and other similar documents.
- Customer Service: Provide customer service in the leadership suite, to include resolving a variety of conflicts. Research and answer a variety of different challenges and solutions.
- Website Management: Manage the Instructional Services website, including monitoring accuracy and currency of information.
- Budgets: Manage multiple budgets and authorize and purchase materials, catering, and services for both Vice Presidents.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Understanding of College and System Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise staff
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and measure complex programs and processes
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to employ qualitative as well as quantitative analytical process to identify and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and interpret educational procedures
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use various computer programs and applications
- Demonstrated the ability to analyze and prepare budgets and data reports
- Ability to perform at a high level, and with a calm and positive demeanor, in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Demonstrated evidence and understanding of the concepts of diversity and multiculturalism and their application in the workplace.
- All other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Instructional Services and the Vice President of Student Services.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak Community College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak Community College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time