Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College! Please view a list of current opportunities below.
Human Resource Services
Recreation & Wellness Coordinator
Tracking Code: 492337
Work Type: Full-time
Categories: Administration, Professional and Technical (APT)
The Recreation and Wellness Coordinator will assume responsibility for all phases of Recreation and Wellness operations and programs. The incumbent will also be responsible to support the work that occurs within the larger Student Life Department.
Thirty percent of our student population at Pikes Peak Community College identify themselves as persons of color. Pikes Peak Community College is looking for applicants who are culturally competent and can demonstrate evidence, understanding, and a commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC) is committed to serving the good of the community. We do this by educating people. We provide open access to higher education and a high quality learning environment in which students can realize new opportunities and gain critical, 21st century skills they need to succeed in the workforce or in further education. Teaching people how to work effectively with others, across boundaries, is central to our mission.
This begins with welcoming and valuing people for who they are and for the unique contributions each person adds to our campus. It also requires our faculty, staff and students to encounter, explore and understand a broad range of ideas and cultures. Our community college mission is inseparable from the ever-increasing diversity in our society.
Diverse and inclusive learning and working environments promote a free and open exchange of ideas, improve critical thinking, civic engagement and leadership skills, and deepen empathy and respect for those unlike ourselves. Our campus is enriched by a variety of voices and experiences.
Attracting, hiring and retaining a highly engaged workforce that reflects and supports the diversity of our student body are of central importance to our work. Other essential factors are expanding and strengthening opportunities for students to learn and succeed through culturally responsive instruction and diversity-infused course offerings. We ensure that diversity represents a process of continual learning and improvement by developing, cultivating and sustaining an organizational culture based on mutual respect, inquiry and civility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology, closely related field OR Associate’s Degree in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or closely related field plus two years of experience coordinating fitness activities in a diverse setting
- Nationally-recognized certifications in personal training or group exercise
- Two years of experience in a higher education setting
- Demonstrated experience employing cultural responsiveness to promote broad engagement within the student body
- Experience supervising staff in a multi-shift, high-paced setting
- Experience with membership tracking software
- Experience with accounts payable billing
- Experience working with and reconciling multiple budgets for different areas
- Experience with club sports and intramurals
- Familiarity with purchasing procedure to include bid processes
- Experience assessing program effectiveness in a Student Services setting
- Experience working in or partnering with a diverse range of Student Services departments (e.g., accommodative services, financial aid, academic advising)
Salary is $3,583.33 gross per month. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 27, 2019. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Application Process: Please submit electronically a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial), and the names and contact information of three recent job-related references who can address your expertise and background for this position. The cover letter must specifically address each of the qualifications listed under Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications in the exact same order in which they are listed in this announcement.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits and additional perks. Information may be reviewed at https://www.cccs.edu/employee-resources/employee-benefits/ and https://www.ppcc.edu/human-resource-services/benefits/additional-perks.
Interviews will be conducted in-person.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Assure that all Fitness Center operations, to include equipment maintenance, repair and replacement, assessment and evaluation of equipment needs. Oversee day-to-day operations of the Fitness Center and satellite recreation areas, including hiring, training, oversight of all Fitness Center staff, and monitoring the Fitness Center budget.
- Maintain ongoing and create new Recreation and Sports programming such as Club Team Sports, drop-in programs, intramurals, and special event programming, particularly related to co-curricular events that are in alignment with the college’s strategic plan. Market programming to a diverse student body, including underrepresented students and students with disabilities.
- Co-advises Student Government; provides oversight for the SGA Senators; attend all Senate meetings; and participate in student leadership development.
- Actively participate in college-wide assessment initiatives, to include providing leadership in assessment work accomplished within Student Services.
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Knowledge of managing a fitness center.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
- Strong customer service background.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise employees.
- Knowledge of current fitness concepts and equipment.
- Maintain currency in fitness trends, topics, and risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and execute events.
- Direct advisory work with Student Government Association.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Products.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak Community College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak Community College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time