Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College!
A list of non-Classified career opportunities are below. Non-Classified career opportunities are determined to be professional level work as defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources.
Visit the State of Colorado career page for Classified employment opportunities.
Human Resource Services
IT Support Specialist
Tracking Code: 492507
Work Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000 to $50,000 annual gross
Thirty percent of our student population at Pikes Peak Community College identify themselves as persons of color. Pikes Peak Community College is looking for applicants who are culturally competent and can demonstrate evidence, understanding, and a commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC) is committed to serving the good of the community. We do this by educating people. We provide open access to higher education and a high quality learning environment in which students can realize new opportunities and gain critical, 21st century skills they need to succeed in the workforce or in further education. Teaching people how to work effectively with others, across boundaries, is central to our mission.
This begins with welcoming and valuing people for who they are and for the unique contributions each person adds to our campus. It also requires our faculty, staff and students to encounter, explore and understand a broad range of ideas and cultures. Our community college mission is inseparable from the ever-increasing diversity in our society.
Diverse and inclusive learning and working environments promote a free and open exchange of ideas, improve critical thinking, civic engagement and leadership skills, and deepen empathy and respect for those unlike ourselves. Our campus is enriched by a variety of voices and experiences.
Attracting, hiring and retaining a highly engaged workforce that reflects and supports the diversity of our student body are of central importance to our work. Other essential factors are expanding and strengthening opportunities for students to learn and succeed through culturally responsive instruction and diversity-infused course offerings. We ensure that diversity represents a process of continual learning and improvement by developing, cultivating and sustaining an organizational culture based on mutual respect, inquiry and civility.
Please visit the College’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion site for additional information.
The IT Support Specialist provides advanced technical support to both the Administrative and Instructional Computing areas on end-user computing hardware, software, peripheral equipment, and audio/video/multimedia for all Pikes Peak Community College campuses and sites.
Salary is firm $48,000.00 to $50,067.00 annual gross. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 25, 2021. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment.
Application Instructions: Application must be submitted online. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration. A complete application will include:
- Cover letter - Address the minimum and preferred qualifications in the order listed on the job announcement.
- Resume - Reflect experience, education, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Unofficial Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts for all degrees conferred. Official transcripts are required if hired for the position.
- Professional References - Provide names and contact information for three recent professional references who can address your expertise and background for this position.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak Community College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Respond to IT support requests from clients as related to hardware and software issues via multiple sources, such as phone calls, emails, and referred tickets.
- Create and update trouble tickets in the ticket tracking system.
- Communicate updates on issues in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction and productivity.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose escalated problems by evaluating multiple options using checklists, guides, and research.
- Provide mobility support for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
- Perform basic Active Directory related functions.
- Provide maintenance and support for basic client products, peripherals, and network.
- Coordinate assigned plans and schedules of installations and deployments and ensure deployments meet client expectations.
- Configure and install computer equipment, peripheral equipment, and other personal computing devices.
- Setup videoconference, audio-visual equipment, and other electronic devices for events.
- Participate in project implementation and deployment efforts with team members, clients, and other IT groups
- Provide on-the-spot training to clients as needed.
- Create and maintain documentation for projects and assignments as needed.
- Ensure compliance with IT policies, data consistency, as well as inventory management and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by department.
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Ability to work on multiple priority tasks of varying difficulty and length.
- Provide tier 2 technical support, in person, over the phone and remotely as well as Tier 1 support when Junior Technicians are not available.
- Answer, log and close support requests/work orders.
- Knowledge of microcomputer (PC) principles, operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of current Windows and Mac operating systems as well as Chrome, Android and IOS operating systems.
- Knowledge of standard office automation software, such as Microsoft Office.
- Skill in maintaining both PCs and Mac.
- Skill in effective business and interpersonal communication.
- Skill in end-user support.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and supports diversity, and to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to be on-call to respond to off-hour equipment problems.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak Community College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak Community College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time