Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College! Please view a list of current opportunities below.
Human Resource Services
Educational Support Coordinator
Tracking Code: 492364
Work Type: Full-time
Categories: Administration, Professional and Technical (APT)
Salary: 3,750.00 gross per month
This position promotes and supports the learning commons services, personnel, and resources at three campuses. Lead the campus engagement and community promotion programs for the Learning Commons Library, tutoring services, and resources; collaborate with learning commons leadership, tutors, librarians, and staff to develop and launch promotional materials, tabling events, in-person and webcast presentations, and social media; all communications and materials will be inclusive of diverse populations. Supervise library circulation and front desk staff; manage circulation department and front desk procedures and processes. On a daily basis, demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility with changing procedures and environment, work collaboratively, ability to problem-solve personnel and work issues, and provide support to learning commons leadership.
- Master degree from an accredited higher learning institution.
- Experience as a supervisor.
- Library circulation experience.
- Master degree from an American Library Association higher learning institution.
- One or more years of library circulation experience
- Two years of experience as a supervisor.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with computers, new software, and emerging technology.
Salary is $3,750.00 gross per month. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 29, 2019. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Application Process: Please submit electronically a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial), and the names and contact information of three recent job-related references who can address your expertise and background for this position. The cover letter must specifically address each of the qualifications listed under Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications in the exact same order in which they are listed in this announcement.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits and additional perks at https://www.cccs.edu/employee-resources/employee-benefits/ and https://www.ppcc.edu/human-resource-services/benefits/additional-perks.
Interviews will be conducted in-person.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Supervise Library Circulation Department Classified staff and front desk student staff at all PPCC library locations to include developing and delivering training for front desk staff. Develop and implement circulation department and front desk policies and procedures; create and manage staff schedules; determine staff workload priorities; hire, train, and evaluate staff; problem-solve personnel concerns and issues; develop personnel to deliver a welcoming, professional and inclusive front desk experience.
- Problem-solve ILS (integrated library system) system issues with vendor. Manage periodical collections. Manage the interlibrary loan (ILL) process, policies and procedures. Partner with library director to develop circulation data records. Resolve circulation and patron problems; determine relevant circulation services to patrons. Work at learning commons front desks and help all learning commons patrons in a courteous and timely manner, inclusive of diverse populations.
- Coordinate learning commons promotions and marketing messaging; promote tutoring, library research and resources to college. Promotions may be digital, print, and in-person presentations and webcasts, and tabling events; all materials and communications must be inclusive of diverse populations. Oversee library and learning commons events. Track, assess and report on promotion activities; create best practices for effective promotional strategies. Identify opportunities and oversee educational support operations on-campus.
- Represent the library director and library during director absences.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Flexible mindset that is able to adjust to changes in the learning commons environment, processes, and personnel.
- Consistently positive and professional with students, co-workers, and college and community partners.
- Able to independently problem-solve personnel and supervisory issues.
- Understands the community college student and their diverse learning needs.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Able to collaborate with appropriate personnel to develop standards and best practices for circulation and promotional activities and processes.
- Ability to learn technology quickly.
- Demonstrated effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with frequent public speaking.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak Community College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak Community College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time