Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College! Please view a list of current opportunities below.
Human Resource Services
Dean of Medical Sciences
Tracking Code: 492357
Work Type: Full-time
Categories: Administration, Professional and Technical (APT)
The Dean shall work under the direction of the Vice President for Instructional Services, and shall assist the Vice President by providing instructional leadership and supervising instructors and programs within the subject matter areas assigned to the division. The Dean shall represent the division to the broader instructional environment, while conveying the policies of the College and implementing those policies with the division. The dean shall be an external representative of the college and the division for a variety of constituents, to include hospitals and other healthcare providers. The dean will grow new and existing programs to meet the needs of local employers.
The college is looking for a successful leader, which is defined by colleagues as a trusted advisor whose empathy is demonstrated through inclusiveness and service to others. This person will be described as having integrity, humility, and an inviting demeanor that puts those around him/her at ease. This leader will demonstrate a strong commitment to the value of diversity among students and staff, as well as sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of PPCC students. The individual works together with colleagues to create an atmosphere of trust and respect in which all can succeed.
The Dean shall maintain commitment to quality instruction, the primary objective of the institution. Instructional areas of responsibility include: Nursing Assistant, Nursing, Dental Assisting; Medical Office Technology; Pharmacy Technician; Surgical Technologist, Emergency Medical Services; etc.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Two years of leadership experience in healthcare or higher education
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Doctorate degree in a discipline which falls within one of the Division's areas of responsibility above or in higher education administration
- Two or more years of teaching experience in higher education
- Three or more years of successful administrative experience in higher education (department chair, associate dean, dean)
- Demonstrated experience with supervising, leading and managing faculty
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and management
- Demonstrated progressive leadership ability and successful record of innovation
- Demonstrated understanding of the overall values, purpose, and mission of community colleges
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change in the ever-changing environment of higher education
- Experience with program and institutional accreditation
Salary is $7,416.67 gross per month. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 8, 2019. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Application Process: Please submit electronically a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial), and the names and contact information of three recent job-related references who can address your expertise and background for this position. The cover letter must specifically address each of the qualifications listed under Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications in the exact same order in which they are listed in this announcement.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits and additional perks. Information may be reviewed at https://www.cccs.edu/employee-resources/employee-benefits/ and https://www.ppcc.edu/human-resource-services/benefits/additional-perks.
Interviews will be conducted in-person.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Oversee division operational procedures and assigned personnel.
- Coordinate with associate deans, assistant to the dean, and other division personnel.
- Lead the evaluation, research and initiation of new programs.
- Recommend the retention, dismissal, or probationary status of faculty and staff according to prescribed policies and procedures.
- Actively encourage the use of emerging learning-centered processes by faculty members in division.
- Supervise the hiring of appropriate regular and adjunct faculty, classified staff, APT and others within the division.
- Supervise division advising processes.
- Oversee activities of the division related to retention, marketing and recruiting as appropriate.
- Coordinate division processes for student concerns.
- Oversee the implementation of faculty, staff and other evaluation.
- Oversee division strategic planning.
- Oversee and approve faculty teaching assignments and loads.
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION
- Coordinate faculty teaching assignments and workload with the division leadership team.
- Lead the development and implementation of continual course and program assessment.
- Lead the development and implementation of a rigorous and relevant curriculum with associate deans, department chairs, faculty and other stakeholders.
- Provide administrative oversight, support and leadership for the division transfer and CTE programs as appropriate.
- Ensure an orientation program is provided for new faculty, staff and others as assigned.
- Ensure ongoing professional development opportunities are available to faculty, staff and others as assigned.
- Oversee enrollment management as it relates to scheduling.
- Ensuring the division curriculum meets the needs of students and aligns with college, state and national requirements and accrediting bodies as appropriate.
- Oversee the alignment of curriculum to ensure students gain the competencies to succeed in transfer programs and career and technical areas.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure transfer and articulation opportunities.
COMMUNITY & SERVICE
- Oversee the appropriate participation in community activities and advisory boards.
- Actively build relationships between the division and community partners as appropriate.
- Create, monitor and/or participate in committees that promote the goals of the division and the institution.
- Oversee the development and management of the division budgets.
- Oversee the divisions’ Perkins requests and budget.
- Plan and manage the physical facilities assigned to the division.
- Collaborate in the development and management of agency contracts.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- In addition to the specific duties and responsibilities included herein, Pikes Peak Community College administrators are responsible for certain general duties and responsibilities listed in the Pikes Peak Community College Policy Manual and the Pikes Peak Community College Educational Procedures manual.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak Community College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak Community College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time