Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College!
Please view a list of non-classified career opportunities below.
State Classified career opportunities can be found at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/colorado.
Review helpful tips in submitting an employment application.
Human Resource Services
Tracking Code: 492443
Work Type: Full-time
Categories: Administration, Professional and Technical (APT)
Salary: 4,583.33 gross per month
Thirty percent of our student population at Pikes Peak Community College identify themselves as persons of color. Pikes Peak Community College is looking for applicants who are culturally competent and can demonstrate evidence, understanding, and a commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC) is committed to serving the good of the community. We do this by educating people. We provide open access to higher education and a high quality learning environment in which students can realize new opportunities and gain critical, 21st century skills they need to succeed in the workforce or in further education. Teaching people how to work effectively with others, across boundaries, is central to our mission.
This begins with welcoming and valuing people for who they are and for the unique contributions each person adds to our campus. It also requires our faculty, staff and students to encounter, explore and understand a broad range of ideas and cultures. Our community college mission is inseparable from the ever-increasing diversity in our society.
Diverse and inclusive learning and working environments promote a free and open exchange of ideas, improve critical thinking, civic engagement and leadership skills, and deepen empathy and respect for those unlike ourselves. Our campus is enriched by a variety of voices and experiences.
Attracting, hiring and retaining a highly engaged workforce that reflects and supports the diversity of our student body are of central importance to our work. Other essential factors are expanding and strengthening opportunities for students to learn and succeed through culturally responsive instruction and diversity-infused course offerings. We ensure that diversity represents a process of continual learning and improvement by developing, cultivating and sustaining an organizational culture based on mutual respect, inquiry and civility.
Please visit the College’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion site for additional information.
Salary is $4,583.33 gross per month. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 19, 2020. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment.
Application Instructions: Please submit electronically a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial), and the names and contact information of three recent job-related references who can address your expertise and background for this position. The cover letter must specifically address each of the qualifications listed under Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications in the exact same order in which they are listed in this announcement. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak Community College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
Administrative Operations Management:
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Lead and manage the customer service desk and service processes.
- Update and maintain department reports; manage file documentation and archiving.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Serve as primary point of contact and resource for the department for support activities completed by the department for the college.
- Support all DMVP community building events as required. These include but are not limited to: Student Veteran Organization events, Veterans Day week long events, Brown Bag transition workshops, VA benefit orientations, among others.
- Perform a limited outreach role in support of the Director of Military and Veterans Programs and the Student Success Coordinator for DMVP with a focus on understanding community resources available for local student population to use if necessary.
- Set up and manage DMVP staff meetings.
- Adhere to college policies and procedures.
- Work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to travel to multiple campuses to support department needs.
- Maintain confidentiality while working effectively with all constituents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and networking skills.
- Proficient computer and analytical skills.
- Work effectively with a team or individually.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Project management and/or program management experience.
- Computer skills to include MS Office Suite.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak Community College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time