Contribute to student success with a career at Pikes Peak Community College!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pikes Peak Community College!
Please view a list of non-classified career opportunities below.
State Classified career opportunities can be found at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/colorado.
Review helpful tips in submitting an employment application.
Human Resource Services
Tracking Code: 40349
Work Type: Full-time
Categories: Administration, Professional and Technical (APT)
Salary: 4,041.67 gross per month
Thirty percent of our student population at Pikes Peak Community College identify themselves as persons of color. Pikes Peak Community College is looking for applicants who are culturally competent and can demonstrate evidence, understanding, and a commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC) is committed to serving the good of the community. We do this by educating people. We provide open access to higher education and a high quality learning environment in which students can realize new opportunities and gain critical, 21st century skills they need to succeed in the workforce or in further education. Teaching people how to work effectively with others, across boundaries, is central to our mission.
This begins with welcoming and valuing people for who they are and for the unique contributions each person adds to our campus. It also requires our faculty, staff and students to encounter, explore and understand a broad range of ideas and cultures. Our community college mission is inseparable from the ever-increasing diversity in our society.
Diverse and inclusive learning and working environments promote a free and open exchange of ideas, improve critical thinking, civic engagement and leadership skills, and deepen empathy and respect for those unlike ourselves. Our campus is enriched by a variety of voices and experiences.
Attracting, hiring and retaining a highly engaged workforce that reflects and supports the diversity of our student body are of central importance to our work. Other essential factors are expanding and strengthening opportunities for students to learn and succeed through culturally responsive instruction and diversity-infused course offerings. We ensure that diversity represents a process of continual learning and improvement by developing, cultivating and sustaining an organizational culture based on mutual respect, inquiry and civility.
Please visit the College’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion site for additional information.
The Clinical Coordinator will coordinate the development, placement, implementation, and evaluation of all clinical activities for students enrolled in the Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC) Nursing and EMS Programs. The Coordinator will demonstrate a strong commitment to the value of diversity among students and staff, as well as sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of PPCC students. The Coordinator works with colleagues to create an atmosphere of trust and respect in which all can succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Two years of experience with medical or clinical or nursing background.
- Three years of experience managing and coordinating department operations.
- Three or more years of experience with medical or clinical or nursing background.
- Demonstrated understanding of the community college mission.
- Demonstrated experience with data collection and analysis.
Salary is $4,041.67 gross per month. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 5, 2020. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment.
Application Instructions: Please submit electronically a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial), and the names and contact information of three recent job-related references who can address your expertise and background for this position. The cover letter must specifically address each of the qualifications listed under Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications in the exact same order in which they are listed in this announcement. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak Community College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
Clinical Facility and Student Coordination:
- Manage the student clinical rotations and internships process and schedules with students, faculty, instructors, and clinical facilities.
- Communicates with Clinical community partners regarding placement needs.
- Develop partnerships with clinical facilities for multidisciplinary programs.
- Travel to community sites as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of student and clinical facility requirements for rotations and internships.
- Serve as a resource to train students, faculty, and instructors on the clinical rotation/internship requirements. Ensures student and instructor orientation documentation, computer access, security codes and other requirements are met that are set by clinical affiliates.
Operations and Data Collection:
- Review and track immunization records for accreditation purposes and notify appropriate individual of upcoming expirations. Verify background checks and drug screens are approved by HRS to ensure students, faculty, and instructors are prepared for clinical rotations and internships.
- Assures that all students meet program health, current CPR card, and verification of malpractice insurance, drug screen, and background check requirements before entering the clinical domain and maintain these files on a semester by semester basis.
- Determine appropriate filing systems and file retention; monitor files to ensure compliance and meet deadlines.
- Maintains files and ensures that all clinical contracts and affiliation agreements are current.
- Assists the program with data base development for accreditation, internal and external process improvement, and validity, trending, and projection analysis.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Provide the Medical Sciences Division with the necessary coordination and operational support.
- Update and maintain department reports.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Serve as primary point of contact and resource for the department.
- Adhere to college policies and procedures.
- Work independently in a team environment.
- Maintain confidentiality while working effectively with all constituents.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across the college and community partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and interpret educational procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to use various computer programs and applications.
- Ability to travel to multiple campus locations to support division needs.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak Community College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak Community College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time